Alexander B. Antopol’sky
Chief Researcher of the Institute of Scientific Information for Social Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences (INION RAN)
Academic degrees :
- Professor at the Department of Multimedia Technologies and Information systems, 2007.
- Doctor of Sciences, 1991. Dissertation “Development and implementation of methods of compatibility of linguistic support in the interaction of automated information systems”.
- Ph. D. in philology, 1970. Dissertation “Linguistic description and evaluation of information languages”.
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Philology post-graduate studies 1967–1970.
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Philology, 1962–1967.
- 2016–present: chief researcher of the Institute of Scientific Information for Social Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- 2015–2016: chief researcher of the Institute of Education Management of the Russian Academy of the Education
- 2009–2015: chief researcher of the Institute of Scientific and Pedagogical information of the Russian Academy of the Education
- 2010–2015: senior researcher at the Interdepartmental Supercomputer Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- 2000–2016 professor at the Moscow State University of Culture (MGUKI)
- 2005–2009: non-profit partnership “Electronic Libraries”—Director
- 1992–2005: scientific and technical centre “Informregister”—Director
- 1982–1992: All-Union Institute of Intersectoral Information (VIMI)—head of a sector, head of a laboratory
- 1978–1982: All-Union Institute of Scientific and Technical Information (VINITI)—head of a sector
- 1964–1978: All-Union Institute of Scientific Information, Classification and Coding (VNIIKI)—head of a sector, senior researcher, senior engineer
- Intersectoral Institute for Advanced Training and Professional Retraining, 2005–present—lectures and webinars on information and communication.
- Professor of the Moscow State University of Culture and art (2000–2016).
- Professor of the Russian State University for the Humanities (2001–2005).
- Member of the Dissertation Council of the Moscow State Institute of Culture, specialty “Information processes and systems”.
- Chairman of the State Examination Commission at the Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics of the Higher School of Economics.
- Chairman of the State Examination Commission at the Russian State Social University.
Awards and honors:
- Medal “In memory of the 850th anniversary of Moscow”
Scientific communications, electronic libraries, information resources, information languages, linguistic search support, information classification, state information policy, bibliometric. Alexandr Antopolsky managed a scientific and public organization. He was a leader and participant in various projects in the field of information systems and electronic libraries, such as: draft laws, analytical research, scientific research, technical design, operation, etc. He is an author of more than 200 scientific papers, including 9 monographs. He was also a scientific supervisor of 5 post-graduate students who have defended their dissertations (A. Koroleva, N. Slivnitsyna, K. Vigursky, G. Kulkova, D. Gribkov).
In recent years, the main research areas have been monitoring and analyzing the scientific information space and scientific communications, integrating information resources, and creating a Unified Russian Electronic Knowledge Space.
Selected authored books:
Articles in English (2017–2020):
- Setting up the modern digital infrastructure for the storage and analysis of scientific and technological information // Scientific and Technical Information Processing. 2019. Vol. 46, No. 2. DOI: 10.3103/S0147688219020138 (Scopus). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41634843 (coautored with Dmitrii Efremenko).
- The uniform electronic space revisited // Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2018. Vol. 88, No. 1. URL: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S1019331618010070 (coautored with Dmitrii Efremenko).
- Features of the analysis of social sciences as an information process in a digital environment // Information and Innovations. 2020. Vol. 15, No. 1. P. 8–22. DOI: 10.31432/1994-2443-2020-15-1-8-22.
- Future of scientific communications and scientific information // Information and Innovations. 2019. Vol. 14, No. 1. P. 7–17. DOI: 10.31432/1994-2443-2019-14-1-7-17.
- On the ways of optimizing social academic information resources and that on the humanities // Scientific and Technical Information Processing. 2018. Vol. 45, No. 3. P. 155–162. DOI: 10.3103/S014768821803005X. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38681703.
- The infosphere of social sciences: structure, boundaries, and functions // Scientific and Technical Information Processing. Vol. 44, No. 2. P. 87–93. DOI: 10.3103/S0147688217020022. URL: http://link.springer.com/article/10.3103/S0147688217020022.
- About Pathfinder information resources in the social sciences // Information and Innovations. Vol. 13, No. 2. P. 18–24. DOI:10.31432/1994-2443-2018-13-2-18-24 (coauthored with Aleksei M. Antonov).
- Common digital space of scientific knowledge // Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2019. Vol. 89, No. 7. P. 728–735. DOI: 10.31857/S0869-5873897728-735. URL: https://journals.eco-vector.com/0869-5873/article/view/15244 (coauthored with N. E. Kalenov, V. A. Serebriakov and A. N. Sotnikov).
Selected articles in Russian (2017–2020):
- Nauchnaya informatsiya i tsifrovoe prostranstvo znanii: postanovka zadachi dlia Rossii [Scientific information and the digital knowledge space: statement of the problem for Russia] // Nauka i nauchnaia informatsiia [Scholarly Research and Information]. 2020. Vol. 3, No. 1. P. 8–17. https://doi.org/10.24108/2658-3143-2020-3-1-8–17.
- O razrabotke edinogo rossiiskogo elektronnogo prostranstva znanii [On the development of a united Russian electronic space of knowledge] // Nauchnoe izdanie mezhdunarodnogo urovnya—2019: Strategiia i taktika upravleniya i razvitiia: Materialy 8-i Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii / Ed. by O. V. Kirillova. P. 17–29. DOI: 10.24069/konf-23-26-04-2019.02. URL: https://rasep.ru/images/materials/konf2019/17-29.pdf.
- O sozdanii edinogo rossiiskogo elektronnogo prostranstva znanii v sfere obshchestvennykh nauk [The creation of a united Russian electronic space of knowledge in the social sciences] // Vzaimovliianie informatsionno-bibliotechnoi sredy i obshchestvennykh nauk: Sbornik nauchnykh statei / Ed. by A. A. Dzhigo, L. N. Tikhonova. Moscow, 2019. P. 17–31.
- Initsiativy po otkrytoi nauke i perspektivam nauchnykh kommunikatsii [Open science initiatives and the prospects for scientific communication] // Vzaimovliianie informatsionno-bibliotechnoi sredy i obshchestvennykh nauk: Sbornik nauchnykh statei / Ed. by A. A. Dzhigo, L. N. Tikhonova. Moscow, 2019. P. 39–54.
- Informatsionnye resursy upravleniia naukoi i naukovedeniya v Rossii [Information resources of science management and science studies in Russia] // Bol’shaya Evraziia: Razvitie, bezopasnost’, sotrudnichestvo: Ezhegodnik: Materialy XVIII Mezhdunarodnoi nauchnoi konferentsii v ramkakh Obshhestvenno-nauchnogo foruma “Rossiya: kliuchevye problemy i resheniia” / Ed. by V. I. Gerasimov. Moscow, 2019. P. 864–871.
- O sozdanii tsentra lingvisticheskikh resursov RAN [On creation of a Centre of Linguistic Resources of the Russian Academy of Sciences // Izvestiia Rossiiskoi akademii nauk. Seriia literatury i iazyka [Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Studies in Literature and Language]. 2019. Vol. 78, No. 4. P. 5–12. DOI: 10.31857/S241377150006107. URL: http://ras.jes.su/sliya/s241377150006107-0-1.
- Ekspertnaia otsenka kachestva setevykh resursov po iazykoznaniiu [Expert assessment of the quality of network resources in linguistics] // Informatsionnye resursy Rossii. 2019. No. 4(170). P. 7–14. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39280506 (coauthored with K. V. Vigurskiy).
- Perspektivy razvitiia nauchnykh kommunikatsii [Prospects for the development of scientific communications] // Kul’tura: teoriya i praktika. 2019. No. 2(29). P. 17. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/perspektivy-razvitiya-nauchnyh-kommunikatsiy.
- Edinoe rossiiskoe elektronnoe prostranstvo znanii kak kliuchevaia zadacha informatiki v obozrimom budushchem [Unified Russian electronic knowledge space as a key task of Informatics in the foreseeable future] // Informatsionnoe obshchestvo: obrazovanie, nauka, kul’tura i tekhnologii budushchego. 2019. No. 3. P. 9–23. URL: https://ojs.itmo.ru/index.php/ISESCTF/article/view/948.
- O klassifikatsii informatsionnykh resursov akademicheskikh organizatsii sotsiogumanitarnogo profilia [Classification of information resources of academic organizations of socio-humanitarian profile] // Vzaimovliianie informatsionno-bibliotechnoi sredy i obshchestvennykh nauk: Sbornik nauchnykh statei / Ed. by L. N. Tikhonova, A. A. Dzhigo. Moscow, 2018. P. 48–61.
- O razvitii terminologicheskoi bazy dannykh v vide kompleksa otraslevykh informatsionno-poiskovykh tezaurusov [On the development of a terminological database in the form of a set of industry-specific information and search thesauri] // Informatsionnye resursy Rossii. 2018. No. 5(165). P. 22–30. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36286235 (coauthored with V. N. Beloozerov, N. E. Kalenov and T. S. Markarova).
- Razrabotka kataloga rossiiskikh informatsionnykh resursov po upravleniiu naukoi [Development of a catalogue of Russian information resources on science management] // Informatsionnye resursy Rossii. 2018. No. 6(166). P. 2–7 (coauthored with Aleksei M. Antonov).
- Informatsionnye resursy akademicheskogo sektora istoricheskoi nauki kak istochnik edinogo rossiiskogo elektronnogo prostranstva znanii [Information resources of the academic sector of historical science as a source of the unified Russian electronic knowledge space] // Istoricheskaia informatika. 2018. No. 1(23). P. 14–27. URL: http://e-notabene.ru/istinf/article_24014.html.
Grants from the Russian Foundation for Basic Research:
- 18-00-00298 Integration of scientific and information resources of RAS institutions in the Humanities (on the example of linguistics) as part of the unified digital information space of the RAS (head), 2018–2019
- 17-03-1203-OGN Interactive system for creating and supporting the ontology of scientific knowledge based on a dynamic set of terminological dictionaries (performer), 2016–2018
- 11-07-00331-a Development of an interdepartmental electronic library that integrates library, museum, and archival information on scientific heritage (performer), 2011-2013
- 04-07-90087 In research and development of metadata system for electronic information resources and services in basic science (head), 2004–2006
- 08-07-06000 Organization and holding of the scientific conference “Electronic libraries of Russia: management and coordination” (head), 2008–2008
- 03-07-95001-d Publication of the monograph Linguistic support of electronic libraries (head), 2003–2003
- 98-07-91120-C Development of scientific and methodological foundations for the creation and use of electronic libraries in order to ensure the implementation of projects of the program “Russian electronic libraries” (performer), 1998–2000
- 98-07-90138 To the software and technology complex of the ARGO language—a universal text markup language for preparing full-text databases(head), 1998–1999
- 97-07-90292 Electronic scientific publication of classics of Russian literature (performer), 1997–1997
Grants from the Russian Humanitarian Science Foundation:
- 08-03-12107b Creation of a problem-oriented electronic library “Electronic document space of Russia”. Electronic library (performer), 2008–2010
Grants from the National Training Foundation:
- Development and maintenance of the section of the Unified collection of educational digital resources “Electronic resources for school libraries” (head), 2007–2008
Grants from the Federal Agency for Press and Mass Communications:
- Development and modernization of the Internet portal “Electronic libraries of Russia” (performer), 2007-2008
Membership of editorial boards of academic journals
Membership of professional associations
- Russian Academy of Natural Sciences—full member.
- International Academy of Information Sciences, Information processes and Technologies—full member.
- Technical Committee for Standardization No. 191 “Scientific and technical information, library and publishing”—member of the Committee, expert.
- Expert of the Russian Acadeny of Sciences
- Methodological Council on Classification Systems at All-Russian Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of the Russian Academy of Sciences (VINITI RAN)—member.
Bibliographic profiles: Elibrary | ORCID | Web Of Science (Researcher ID)