Parkhalina, Tatyana G.
Сведения о сотруднике
Tatyana G. ParkhalinaDoctor of Philosophy (kandidat nauk) in History
adviser to the director
Телефон: +7 (499) 124-3749
- Graduated from Moscow State Institute of International Relations (faculty of international relations) in 1973.
- PhD on Franco-American Relations in Western Mediterranean (1982).
- La Maison des Sciences de l’Homme, Centre de la Méditerrannée (France, 1988)
- Harward University, Center for Internatiobal Relations (USA, 1994–1995)
- Tübingen University (Germany, 1996).
- 1973–1974 Diplomatic Academy.
- Since 1974 up to now—Institute of Scientific Information for Social Sciences of the Soviet/Russian Academy of Sciences (junior researcher, then senior researcher, since 1988 Head of the Department of Western Europe and America, since 1996 Head of the Centre for Academic Research and Informational Studies on Global and Regional Issues, in 1998–2020 Deputy Director for Science, since 1998 Head of NATO Documentation Centre on European Security Problems (in the framework of an agreement between Russian Federation—Russian Academy of Sciences and NATO), since 1999 Head of the Centre for European Security studies.
- 1994—founder and Editor-in-Chief of the scientific journal Urgent Problems of Europe.
- 1998—founder and Editor-in-Chief of the analitical bulletin European Security: Events, Assessments, Prognoses.
Awards and honors:
- 2014—Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE)
- 2015—Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite (France)
- 2016—Silver Medal of Jan Masaryk (Czech Republic)
Scientific interests: Mediterranean and foreign policy of France; Euro-Atlantic Security; European integration; Russian foreign policy.
- Relations between Russia and NATO: (Report prepared by Institute of Contemporary Studies and IISS, London)
- What made Russia tick (OSCE Yearbook 2014)
- Towards New Approaches in Arms Control (Publication of Latvian Institute of International Relations)
- a number of articles on Ukranian crisis published by Konrad Adenauer Foundation.
Grants and international projects:
- Winter Academy project on Euro-Atlantic Security Issues, in cooperation with Konrad Adenauer Foundation (head of the project)
- Crisis in and around Ukraine: ways out? (in cooperation with Konrad Adenauer Foundation)
Membership of professional associations:
- Since 2006—Member of the Expert Council on International Relations at the Federal Assembly of Russian Federation
- 2005–2009—Vice-President of Russian Political Science Associatian
- Representative at International Political Science Association (IPSA)
- 2006–2010—Vice-President of Russian Associatin for Euro-Atlantic Cooperation
- Since 2010 up to now—President of Russian Association for Euro-Atlantic Cooperation
Membership of editorial boards of academic journals: member of editorial board of scientific journals Russia and Contemporary World and Urgent Problems of Europe.